My Photo
Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Soliloquy

It’s hard to watch them like this,
yelling, screaming,
so sad and angry…
I wish they could understand how it is for me up here.

I can see them all,
each and every one of them.
I can feel their pain clawing at my insides;
it’s amazing that it doesn’t rip me into pieces
and scatter me among the other White Giants.

The most frustrating part is that I can’t take the hurt away,
at least, not how they want me too.
They want to wake up and have a perfect world
at their fingertips, every single day.
But that’s not how I designed this to work!

I took away the strings, and the scripts,
and left the props at their disposal.
It’s their stage now,
they can transform it into whatever they want…
Comedy or tragedy, the choice is theirs to make.
I sit here, in the audience,
sometimes laughing, sometimes crying;
Watching acts and scenes, intermissions and finales,
curtain calls and, occasionally, Encores.

I listen to Monologues,
pleading me to do something,
anything to lesson the burdens of life…
but Still, I sit…

And wonder if I did the right thing
By letting them go free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home